Tuesday, August 3, 2010

HEALTHY! Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

So Daniel's mother and sister are very into health foods and discovering the newest-greatest-healthiest food.
Somehow they came across this recipe.
I've been a little skeptical of some of the other recipes. I mean, c'mon, usually, healthy food (particularly healthy treats) are NOT very good at all.
But this one, this recipe is different.

These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the best I've ever had! Better than unhealthy cookies even!
Seriously!
I can not rave about these enough!
Daniel could eat a whole batch all by himself...and frankly, so could I!


HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Bowl#1:
2 cups pastry flour or unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp fine grain sea salt or Real salt

Bowl #2:
1 cup peanut butter (chunky)
1 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tsp vanilla

mini chocolate chips (or starbucks/giradelle) dark chocolate bars chopped up

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix together Bowl #1
In separate bowl mix Bowl #2

Stir flour mixture (Bowl #1) into peanut butter bowl (Bowl #2)until barely combined and still dusty looking. Add chocolate chips.

Let sit 5 minutes then stir again with 2 strokes

Heap tablespoon sizes dough ball onto parchment and press with fork.

Place cookie sheets on top 1/3 of oven

Bake 10 minutes DO NOT over bake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne! Something I can eat! These look awesome! My mom and I are really excited about it! If you replace the pastry flour with rice flour-it will be even healthier. :) I'll have to try this! You are awesome!

Adrienne said...

Good Tip! I didn't even know there was such a thing as rice flour! ha. Shows how much I'm into healthy eating!! haha.

Anonymous said...

Adrienne, these sound and look wonderful! I can't wait to make them. You are awesome! If you find any more recipies like this, please let us know.

Anonymous said...

My grandpa wants the recipe too! You are a TOTAL HIT over here! :) Love you lots!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say "healthy" doesn't make me want it BUT they look DELICOUS and everyone is getting so excited so I must try them!!! CUTE BLOG!!!!