Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

I feel like a make a lot of chocolate peanut butter treats...
I guess it's because Daniel loves them so much.
So here's another one for you.

I first made these when Daniel and I were dating. Our plan was to make a treat and then go to this fabulous park and enjoy them. He picked these.
What a surprise.
ha.


They are actually really good. I mean, really REALLY good.
Chocolate cupcakes filled with a peanut butter cream and yummy chocolate glaze.
DE-lightful!

STEP 1:
Bake Devil's Food Cake cupcakes according to directions on package.
(Don't overfill cupcake papers!! Only fill about half full otherwise the tops may be too big and will fall off when trying to dip in chocolate!)

STEP 2:
Mix 1 (3.4 oz) package of vanilla instant pudding mix with 1 cup milk using electric beaters (whisks) until it be begins to set up (about 2 mins)
add 1/2 cup peanut butter and mix in.

STEP 3:
Fill cupcakes with pudding mixture:
You can do this several ways. I find it easiest to use a pastry bag or frosting dispenser with a long pointy hole tip.
Poke it into the top of the cupcake and squeeze about 1-2 Tablespoons into the center of it.

OR

Put the mixture in a ziplock bag and cut the tip off the bag so you can squeeze the filling out.
Using a knife, poke a hole into the cupcake and insert the tip of the bag and squeeze filling into the cupcake.

*Do this while the cupcakes are fairly warm. In fact, probably before they have cooled off more than 30 min.

STEP 4:
Put 4 semi-sweet baking chocolate squares into a microwave-safe bowl with 1 1/2 cups thawed cool whip. Stir every 1 minute you cook it.
Mine only took about 2 minutes. After two, just stir it up really well until it's a smooth consistency.
Dip tops of cupcakes into chocolate sauce and twist as us you pull up.

Top with remaining peanut butter filling, peanut butter cups, or whatever your heart desires.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look so yummy! I love your pictures and you decorate those cupcake so well! Love this post! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

*I meant to say cupcakeS

ChefCathyCane said...

You do have a thing for peanut butter, don't you? That's okay-I do too! Love this. I will have to try it out.

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Yum! They even look pretty! Thanks for linking up to Craft Catwalk! Hope to see you next week :)

Terrell said...

Oh wow!! I've for sure got to give these a try! 2 of my fav things :D I'm so excited to be your newest follower of your sweet blog and I would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your creations each week at my Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~